Title: Advanced Bioinformatics Workshop
Target Audience: Students and faculty involved in analyzing NGS data
Length: 6 hours a day (9 AM to 4 PM daily) for 4 days (Nov 20 to Nov 23, 2017)
Location: Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, Guayaquil, Ecuador
Description: The advanced Bioinformatics workshop intends to graduate students (PhD and MS), senior research scientist and faculty working on Bioinformatics data analysis, especially NGS. In this course, theory and practical training will be provided by currently available open source technologies in the NGS data analysis. This course assumes that participants will have basic computing knowledge. The complete course will be delivered in English.
- Learn the principles of Bioinformatics and Next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis
- handling big data and manage the databases
- Derive the biological significance of analyzed data
- Statistical analysis of NGS data
- Must have knowledge of computers and its basic applications
- Linux/Unix familiarity
- Require to have a desktop/laptop with access to high-performance computer
Instructor: Renesh Bedre, Ph.D.